Serves: 1 Loaf
- 500g White Spelt Flour or Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- Half tsp Salt
- 1tsp Quick Yeast
- 1tsp Sugar
- 300ml Warm Water
- 1tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Fan200C
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, quick yeast and sugar.
- Carefully measure the water and roughly mix it into the flour.
- While the dough is still claggy add the oil and knead well until it feels smooth and pliable.
- Leave the dough in a bowl covered with a cloth, in a draught free place, to double in size (about an hour). To make a quick bread omit this stage and proceed to step 7.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough firmly for several minutes.
- Shape the dough and put it into an oiled 1kg/2lb bread tin or place it on an oiled baking sheet.
- Cover and leave dough to rise for about 25 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake for 35/40 minutes.
Products in this Recipe
Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Spelt Flour
Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
Doves Farm Quick Yeast