Recipe: Italian Penne Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Basil
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 6 Sundried Tomato Halves
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- Handful of Kalamata Olives
- 1tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1tbsp Agave Syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g Spelt Penne Pasta
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add in the sundried tomatoes, pepper and herbs. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Stir until combined. Add the vinegar and agave syrup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer at low temperature for 5-10 minutes to allow flavours to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following the packet directions. Drain and add to the sauce.
- Serve with fresh basil.
Products in this Recipe
Biona Organic Wholemeal Spelt Penne
Biona Organic Tomato Puree
Biona Organic Chopped Tomatoes