- 150g Butter (or vegan butter)
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 2 drops Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs (Or 2tbsp chickpea flour + 4tbsp water)
- 150g Gluten Free Self Raising White Flour
- 3tbsp Milk (or vegan milk)
- 3tbsp Jam
- 1tsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 190C/Fan170C
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs (or chickpea flour + water) one at a time.
- Beat in the flour and milk.
- Divide the mixture between 2 oiled and lined 20cm/8" round baking tins.
- Bake for 15/20 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Spread the jam on top of one sponge, then spread the other with cream if using, and place the other sponge on top.
- Dust the top with sieved icing sugar.
Products in this Recipe
Doves Farm Gluten Free Self Raising White Flour