Serves: 1 Loaf
- 50g Black Treacle
- 50g Plain Cooking Chocolate
- 150ml Milk
- 200g Rye Flour
- 300g Strong White Bread Flour
- Half tsp Salt
- 1tsp Quick Yeast
- 1tsp Sugar
- 150ml Water
- 1tsp Caraway Seeds
- Preheat oven to 220C/Fan200C
- Gently dissolve the treacle and chocolate in the milk then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the rye flour, strong white flour, salt, quick yeast and sugar.
- Mix in the water and cooled milk.
- Knead well until the dough feels smooth and pliable.
- Leave the dough covered with a tea towel, in a draught free place, for it to double in size. (This should take about an hour).
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough firmly for several minutes.
- Form the dough into an even ball and roll it in the caraway seeds.
- Place on an oiled baking tray and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 35/40 minutes.
Products in this Recipe
Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Rye Flour
Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour
Doves Farm Quick Yeast